5 lb. Book of TOEFL® Practice Problems
From the team behind the bestselling 5 lb. Book series comes a title designed for you, the TOEFL student. The 5 lb. Book of TOEFL Practice Problems has more practice questions (1,500+!) than all three Official Guides combined, and the questions are sensibly grouped into sets that allow you to learn by topic. This book also features an innovative new layout of answers and explanations (no more flipping back and forth!), and it’s written in easy-to-read English.
TOEFL studiers who need a comprehensive, user-friendly, and efficient all-in-one preparation tool
- GET IT NOW
More practice questions than all three Official Guides combined!
1,500+ test-like practice questions covering:Reading
- 748 questions across 55 passages, plus detailed explanations
- 468 questions across 78 lectures
- 160 questions across 32 conversations
Audio tracks and detailed explanations covering:Speaking
- 96 tasks covering six types of prompts, plus a sample response for each
- 32 tasks covering two types of prompts, plus a sample response for each
10 bonus appendices, online chapters, and audio tracks
- 10 bonus appendices provide guidance on building core skills such as English vocabulary and grammar, as well as test-taking strategies and advice based on learning science.
- Online chapters and audio tracks provide realistic, computer-based practice to better simulate the TOEFL test-taking experience.
Sensibly organized test content
The TOEFL 5 lb. Book sensibly groups problems into practice sets by section and academic prompt, allowing students to master the test content before diving into practice tests. Learn to walk before you run with 34 Chapters offering targeted practice in Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing.
Questions and explanations in one place
No more flipping back and forth! Our innovative layout of annotated answers and explanations includes the question stem and the answer choices to help you review problems on a single page. We want to help you work your mind, not your arms. (Though you can do that too, if you’d like.)
TOEFL English content is hard. Your instructional content shouldn’t be. To that end, we’ve written our instructions, explanations, and other learning content in clear, transparent English for efficient learning.
Extremely test-like questions
While researching for this book, one of the biggest complaints we found with other TOEFL prep books was that their practice questions were not like those on the real TOEFL test. So we worked really, really hard to write problems that mirror those found on the TOEFL in form, content, and style.