Every so often, we ask some of our partners and friends to discuss their programs, goals, missions, and news with us. This week, get familiar with Reaching Out MBA.
Reaching Out MBA is the global association for Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, and Queer (LGBTQ) MBAs with a mission to create the next generation of out business leaders. Focusing on educating, inspiring, and connecting LGBTQ students and alumni in both MBA and graduate communities, Reaching Out MBA serves its audience from the start of their journey well into their professional careers. In addition to the programming below, Reaching Out MBA continues to provide support for its network to keep them prepared for the ever-changing world of business. If you’d like to learn more, please visit us here.
“Generations of LGBTQ” Panel, 2017
1. Out Women In Business: The Out Women In Business Conference was created for female-identifying LGBTQ women (and allies) in all phases of their careers in all industries to learn, teach, and inspire future generations of LBT women to enter business professions.
San Francisco Technology Trek, 2016
2. Pre-MBA Treks: Treks are designed to be a learning experience about a specific industry for newly-admitted LGBTQ MBAs and give them a head start in understanding what options they can pursue as an LGBTQ professional.
LGBTQ MBA Club Logos
3. LGBTQ MBA Club Affiliates: Reaching Out MBA serves as a uniting entity of over 50 on-campus clubs around the globe with monthly online content and a professional development summit for incoming LGBTQ club leaders.
The Class of 2018 Fellows
4. LGBT MBA Fellowship: The Reaching Out LGBTQ MBA Fellowship includes the minimum of a $10,000 scholarship and demonstrates that business schools are the top destination to develop the out LGBTQ and active ally business leaders of tomorrow.
ROMBA 2015 with Laverne Cox
5. The ROMBA Conference: The largest gathering of LGBTQ business students in the world provides opportunities for future leaders to network, learn, and improve their skills so they will emerge stronger and more confident in the business world. Leading businesses partner with the conference to show support for the LGBTQ community and recruit top-level talent.
School list from Pre-MBA Expo, 2016
6. Pre-MBA Admissions Summit and Expo: This prospective LGBTQ MBA event includes panels, intimate coffee chats with admissions officers and students, a cocktail mixer for pre-MBA attendees and school admissions officers, and the LGBT MBA Admissions Fair with over 30+ MBA programs in attendance.
We invite you to join us for the 2017 Annual ROMBA Conference & 20th ROMBA Gala Celebration taking place in Boston, MA from October 12-14. This year’s featured lineup of keynote speakers includes Anderson Cooper (CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360°), Martine Rothblatt (CEO, United Therapeutics), and Margaret Cho (entertainer)! Event details can be found at www.reachingoutmba.org. Wherever you are in your career, Reaching Out MBA welcomes you. We hope to see you there! 📝
Reaching Out MBA started in 1999 as a Harvard Business School and Yale School of Management student-run conference for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender MBAs. Over 15 years later, Reaching Out has become a year-round operating organization dedicated to educating, inspiring, and connecting LGBTQ business students to impact change in the classroom and workplace.