Social Venture Scholars Program
Manhattan Prep is offering special full tuition scholarships for up to 16 individuals per year (4 per quarter) who will be selected as part of our Social Venture Scholars program. This program provides the selected scholars with free admission into one of Manhattan Prep's Live Online courses (up to a $1299 value).
These competitive scholarships are offered to individuals who (1) currently work full-time in an organization that promotes positive social change, (2) plan to use their degree to work in a public, not-for-profit, or other venture with a social-change oriented mission, and (3) demonstrate clear financial need.
Click here to see what previous SVS scholarship recipients have to say about the program.
How Do I Apply?
1. Write an essay explaining how you meet the 3 scholarship criteria stated above. There is no minimum or maximum length required. Keep in mind, however, that this is a competitive process and scholars will be selected based largely on essay quality and content. Be sure to demonstrate that you meet ALL THREE scholarship criteria in your essay.
2. Submit your materials before the relevant application deadline:
- 1st quarter deadline: Friday, March 25, 2016
- 2nd quarter deadline: Friday, June 24, 2016
- 3rd quarter deadline: Friday, September 30, 2016
- 4th quarter deadline: Friday, December 30, 2016
Send the following in ONE EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your completed essay – be sure to include your name!
- An updated resume that includes your name, email, phone number, & mailing address.
- Names of 3 references, including full contact information and a brief description of their relationship to you.
- How you heard about this scholarship opportunity and which application round you are applying for. Note: This can be included in the text of your email.
- A copy of your most recent paystub. Note: This can be scanned and attached to your email or faxed separately to 1-800-894-6580.
All applicants will be notified of award decisions based on the following timeline below:
- 1st quarter winners selected: Friday, April 8, 2016
- 2nd quarter winners selected: Friday, July 8, 2016
- 3rd quarter winners selected: Friday, October 14, 2016
- 4th quarter winners selected: Friday, January 13, 2017
Applicants are encouraged to re-apply by re-submitting their application materials (with an updated paystub) if not chosen for a particular quarter selection.