Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

susanthomas954
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

How to study??

by susanthomas954 Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:45 pm

So I'm planning on taking the LSAT on June 10th. I have almost a full month until the online LSAT class starts. I'm not to sure as to how to prep during this month. I feel like I should be doing something, but I don't know how to approach it. PLEASE HELP!! :shock: :shock:

tommywallach
Thanks Received: 443
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: How to study??

by tommywallach Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:21 pm

Hey Susan,

Sorry, but we can't provide individual study plans on here. We offer a program of guided self-study, however, through our Interact application, to say nothing of our classes and tutoring options. Sorry if that sounds like an upsell, but if we attempted to answer every person who asked this question at length, we'd be out of work!

-t
Tommy Wallach
Manhattan LSAT Instructor
twallach@manhattanprep.com

clarenceb628
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by clarenceb628 Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:22 am

Give yourself enough time to study,Organize your study space,Use flow charts and diagrams,Practice on old exams,Explain your answers to others,Organize study groups with friends,Take regular breaks,Snack on 'brain food',Plan your exam day.

AnthonyS543
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by AnthonyS543 Wed May 24, 2017 9:24 am

First, make up a plan for yourself, which you specifically need to learn. And do it. You can do a lot for one month

DominicG543
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by DominicG543 Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:23 am

Sure, you have heard some pieces of advice like "organize yourself" and "don't waste a lot of time". But also I sure that it is definitely important. You don't need any motivation - it is temporary. You need self-discipline and a deep understanding of what is more necessary for you now: watching videos on YouTube or studying. There is a big number of tips which you can find surfing the Internet. Just remember the time of day for working and some hours for relaxing (this is extremely important to be productive as well). So, all in all, have a good luck.

romano.eric901
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by romano.eric901 Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:04 am

Beginning your LSAT studies is quite challenging. For those in school, it’s just another task on top of classes, jobs, internships, and other extracurriculars. For those out of school, it’s a "back to studying". It's among the more important tests you take, given how heavily admissions officers will weigh your score when appraising your application.

The LSAT is a skills test and is unlike other tests you’ve taken in past. Rather than testing your ability to recollect facts, the LSAT measures your ability to read carefully, evaluate arguments, and make deductions. Practice reading resources like essays and research papers on sites like 123helpme. You may possess these skills in some measure already, but to make improvements, you’ll need to dedicate many, many hours towards developing, refining, and mastering them.

In other words, you can’t cram for the LSAT. You can no more cram for the LSAT than you can for a chess match, a bake-off, or a three-point shot contest. So, for anyone planning to study for the LSAT, how should you chart a course through the uncharted waters of LSAT preparation? There are a few keys you should remember.

- Plan to Study for Several Months
- Start with Understanding the Concepts, Then Get a Lot of Practice
- Keep the Long View
- Maintain a Positive Attitude

SusanH598
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by SusanH598 Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:57 pm

What do you mean here? How to study at the chosen course? A couple of details from the post above are rather useful. Just apply them for your own experience!

StasyW514
Thanks Received: 1
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

This post thanked 1 time.

by StasyW514 Fri May 10, 2019 8:46 am

8-) You need to plan and pioritise...
Allot time for studyin but give breaks in between..
Study for 1 and 1/2 hour and then take a 10 min break..listen to music but do something that is not addictive so u can stop after 10 mins!!!
Limit TV to a minimum...
Do what your body says...if u really are too tired then no point studyin...coz you r not concentrating...late nites or early mornings...stick to what works for u!!!

I hope u do really really well!!!!!
Njoi studyin and eat well...and rest properly...and do some exercise to stay fit..!!!!!!!!

Don be too tence or stressed !!

EdwardW351
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by EdwardW351 Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:33 pm

Make your own plan, I believe self-study is the best.

JuanJ707
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

by JuanJ707 Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:31 am

Great tips.