GMAT Classroom and Tutoring Instructor
About the position:
Manhattan Prep is seeking expert teachers to instruct full classes and tutor students one-on-one. Teaching and tutoring take place primarily during evenings and weekends. This is a part-time position: many of our instructors maintain full-time positions, engage in entrepreneurial endeavors, or pursue advanced degrees while teaching for Manhattan Prep.
The pay is $106 per hour for all classroom teaching and $116 per hour for private tutoring — up to four times the industry standard. Teaching hours vary depending on location, personal preference, and seasonal demand.
Available teaching hours:
- Austin: 3 to 6 hr./wk.
- Boston: 6 to 9 hr./wk.
- Chicago: 6 to 9 hr./wk.
- Dallas: 6 to 9 hr./wk.
- Denver: 6 hr./wk.
- Houston: 6 to 9 hr./wk.
- Miami: 3 to 6 hr./wk.
- New York City: 6 to 9 hr./wk.
- Philadelphia: 3 to 6 hr./wk.
- San Francisco: 9 hr./wk.
- Seattle: 3 to 6 hr./wk.
- Toronto: 6 to 9 hr./wk.
- Washington, D.C.: 3 to 6 hr./wk.
Is your city not listed? No problem. Submit your resume and score report and we’ll contact you when there’s an opening in your location.
- Score qualification. 99th percentile score on an official test: GMAT 760+. (If you’re close to the score, we still encourage you to apply.)
- Significant teaching experience.
All Manhattan Prep instructors must:
- Sign a non-compete agreement.
- Make a minimum 1-year commitment, averaging a minimum 3 hours of instruction per week.
What we offer:
- Hourly, part-time position at $106–$116/hour
- Casual but professional dress code (smart casual)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Access to Health Insurance Marketplace
- Friends and Family Discount on Manhattan Prep Classes
- Various corporate discounts
- An incredible team of intelligent and supportive people
- And More!
There is a 4-step application process that is open to all qualified candidates and consists of: 1. Video submission 2. One-on-one Online Audition, 3. Small Group Online Audition, and 4. In-person Audition at our headquarters.