zuckermaus22
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

PT 37, S3, G4 - Swim Team Game

by zuckermaus22 Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:08 pm

I don't even know how to approach this one, though it seems really easy. Any advice?

aileenann
Thanks Received: 214
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 3 times.

Re: PT 37, S3, G4 - Swim Team Game

by aileenann Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Hello!

I can certainly understand the confusion - this is something of a funky game because of the element that the swimmers effectively repeat.

I'm attaching a diagram of what I did. The key is to make it visual. I think once you do that, you realize that mostly what you need to do is worry about assigning the first 5 and all else will follow from that. The only caveat is that of course you need to watch the 5/6 spots to see if you break any rules there that you don't break in the ordering of the first 5.

Take a look at this, and see if you might even make some additions to the diagram I've posted. Then take a crack at some of the problems. Sometimes if you're confused it helps to do the problems without time pressure to give yourself the comfort to really take time with a problem to think out all the nuances.

Please let me know if you still have questions after working through the diagram and trying out a problem or two!
Attachments
PT37, G4 -Swimmers-ManhattanLSAT.pdf
(50.82 KiB) Downloaded 769 times

ElianaG559
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Diagram

by ElianaG559 Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:32 am

Regarding Question 23, I understand based on the diagram why J cannot occupy the 2/7 space, but I’m nit sure how option A (lap 1) also isn’t a valid answer given that O and M are before J in the diagram.