Q25

KellyB15
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Q25

by KellyB15 Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Hi!

So I'm not really sure why the answer is E? In the text they mention CFCs break down into different constituents, including chlorine. The passage goes on to say that the resulting increase in Cl in the stratosphere is "devastating" to the ozone but I don't see how the use of "devastating" corresponds to "most damaging" in the answer.

For example, going out and parting the night before my LSAT would have devastating effects on my test performance but is that necessarily the most damaging thing I could do? No, I could jump off a cliff and not show up at all (tempting :lol: ). So then I thought maybe I technically have the definition of "devastating" wrong (like how many people use travesty to mean tragedy) but it just says "highly/very destructive" - nothing that indicates a paramount level of destruction, in my opinion.

Because the passage concerns CFCs and how they damage ozone, and since only chlorine is mentioned, am I supposed to assume that they're the worst?

While I read this I just thought the scope was centered around chlorine. Sure, they're may be other constituents that are really bad too, but this passage is just about chlorine.

I'd love to hear someone else's thoughts/comments on it!

Thanks!!

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 2870
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

Re: Q25

by ohthatpatrick Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:25 am

It seems like you're asking about Q23, but you created a thread for Q25.

There's already a thread for Q23, if you want to check that one out
https://www.manhattanprep.com/lsat/foru ... tml#p52909

JohnD194
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Re: Q25

by JohnD194 Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:58 pm

I got this right but wondering why A and B are wrong.

Isn't B supported in line 1-3? Excessive seems strong though, so that's why I chose D. A supported 13-15 though? Says the ozone supposed to remains stable over time with little destruction balanced with little strenthening?