Trying to organize yourself? Not sure how to make real gains? Rely on the advice of the many folks who have been there before.

RyanM393
Thanks Received: 0
Vinny Gambini
Vinny Gambini

Should I take prep tests during lesson plans or after?

by RyanM393 Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Hello,

I have been studying for the end of March LSAT and I'm trying to be as effective with my time as possible. I have been going through the Lesson Plan and learning a great deal for mastery. According to Syllabus, Prep tests are to be taken as I go through the lesson plan. Is this the best strategy? Or would it be better to take all lesson plans and then take prep tests?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

ohthatpatrick
Thanks Received: 2902
Atticus Finch
Atticus Finch

This post thanked 1 time.

Re: Should I take prep tests during lesson plans or after?

by ohthatpatrick Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:40 pm

It's good to be doing 35-minute timed sections throughout the learning process. I care less whether people sit down for 3 hrs and do an entire test (although that IS valuable for re-contextualizing what all the stuff you're learning actually feels like when you're struggling to hold it together for 3 hrs worth of concentration)

But 35-minute timed sections are crucial throughout, because the pressure of the time constraint and the distraction of looking at all this content in a mixed blender (as opposed to the organized theme of HW assignments) is invaluable, irreplaceable practice.

You wouldn't have a rookie quarterback just watch game tape and go to the gym and look through the coach's playbook all season and then suddenly throw them into real games come playoff time

You want that quarterback trying to apply the stuff he's learning, so he plays in scrimmages and takes some snaps during actual games.

There's a big gap between intellectually understanding something and the performance challenge of being able to call upon that knowledge within a more chaotic, pressurized context.

And nothing gets us ready for the latter other than actually simulating those sorts of conditions.

So try to do at least one 35-minute section of every type each week, and consider doing a practice test once every 2 or 3 weeks.